May 13, 2012

On Complaining and Depression

Judging by the title you might think "Oh no not another rant post" or that this is going to be a post about how I hate everything right now and that everything basically sucks. On the contrary, I'm really happy with what's happening in my life at the moment. Sure, it's hectic and there's a lot of things I wish I could do but I'm satisfied nonetheless. 

The reason I'm writing this post is because I'm sick. Not physically but I'm just tired of seeing the same old scenarios being replayed in front of me. How many times have we encountered that one person who is always complaining about his/her ex? How many times have we heard someone go on and on about how everything in his/her life is wrong? 

I know the phrase "Life is too short" is used repeatedly and in any situation, but I believe it to be true. One keeps pondering on insignificant things that in a "few" years he'll look back and think: what have I been doing with my life? The thing is, I believe one can make himself happy or depressed. I'm not saying if something bad happens don't get upset and be all insensitive about it but give it its time and then move on. That's the thing, life goes on, it doesn't wait for you to go get that special someone or that dream job you've always wanted. Instead of feeling degraded you can get up and do something about it. 

Sometimes people need an outsider to lend them a hand and that's alright, there's no shame in that. No one can go through his life without aid. When I read stories about other people's hardships in life and how they made it it makes me think "Wow!" These people had no homes or jobs or families and yet they made it, and we, on the other hand, complain about our exes, jobs, parents, etc. Makes you feel insignificant, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment